Monday, October 27, 2008

Email to Get Their Word Out

Because I am a subscriber to Publishing Executive magazine at work, I receive emails from them from time to time. In the past seven days, I have received two emails advertising their professional development services.

The first one I received was an invitation to register for its virtual Conference and Expo, scheduled for November 13 from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. The topic is on interactive messaging including text messaging and cell phones and how they are impacting the volume and use of email. Basically, this virtual expo is promoting the use of email as a marketing communication tool. What I find interesting is that they could have snail-mailed me the post card, but seeing the topic is on email use as marketing communications, they are practicing what they plan to preach. And they are saving money as no postage is required and reaching their audience much faster.

Looking at my calendar, I am free and so is the event. I just may join in to see and learn more!

The second email I received was promoting a webinar on how to use your website to increase donations to your organization. As last week’s discussions revealed, websites were the favorite among marketing communication tools and this webinar will tell me how to get the most out of my greatest business asset - my website. While this session has a cost of $65, it seems interesting enough, but I am not available. Guess what! It’s archived for 90 days. While I won’t be able to participate in the live Q&A session, my registration will allow me to view after the event.

These two simple emails were delivered to me in sufficient time for each event. Publishing Executive does make attending their events simple. They are alerting me to events that are relevant to me and my association. I think they are taking a step in the right direction in marketing communications.

No comments: